my life through a photo a day

10.21.2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day



Try saying that title ten times fast

It's true though… last night, combined with this morning was just that; twelve hours of angst, frowns and nightmares.
But, only silly people dwell on that (i.e. ME on any other day). So today I am going to list everything good about today
and the past week for that matter, just to add the positive icing on my imaginary super smiling cake:

Today: a warm shower; eating groceries from my mom; a phone call from three people that care (Dad, Sara, Sydney); crunching through
leaves; baking for others; cleaning my tiny kitchen (ultimate meditation); clean laundry; scenic route to school; premo parking; not one
but three artists at my lecture series; getting to touch and skim through Angie's copy of James Victore's new book; success at the
library; a relief society social; getting special treatment at the drive-in; a really good dinner; getting unexpected visits from four ward
members; listening to my instrumental soundtrack playlist while working on homework; having a great direction for my BFA project;

Week: getting to witness the changing leaves; seeing my old Bishop and his wife; skyping with James Victore; dance parties with Nikki
that secretly mean exercising; having sore muscles for two days knowing it's a good thing even though it hurts like no other; photo
shoots with Alishia; getting groceries and love from Sandy; getting complimented on my new favorite nail polish; getting to play Porter's
new rockband; working on my Halloween costume; getting happy virtual messages; knowing that people actually read this; running into
an old friend unexpectedly; no car accidents; getting invited to Halloween parties; knowing I was missed; being successful in school;

Okay, my rant is over; now onto the above photo. My driveway is located under the most magnificent tree. This tree,
as of late, has been shedding leaves like crazy. Every time I park under it, said tree loves to dump leaves on my car.
This, is a good thing. Especially when they collect on my windshield wipers. Want to know why it's a good thing?
Because when I drive away, they fly up and over my car and I get to watch them tumble in my rear view window.
What makes me even happier is when I turn my wipers on making them fly away faster. Silly, you may say, but this
definitely made my day. Wow, and that undoubtedly rhymed. Hopefully this weekend is much better than what I've had.


1 comment:

missed a photo?

followers