my life through a photo a day

11.21.2010

A Pie Squashing Time



Last night my Mom sent me with a butternut squash, among other various sacks of groceries. I asked her what I was
supposed to do with it. "Bake it, then put butter on it with some salt and pepper." Well, that didn't sound all that great
to me, for I knew that my butternut squash was not living up to it's potential. So after church today I got pretty
ambitious and decided to make citrus ribs and a butternut squash pie with pecan crust. Who am I turning into? I
NEVER cook this much (unless it is a special occasion), especially in our itty bitty kitchen. Thankfully, Amber came
along to check out her pictures that I had edited and she did the dishes as I was cooking as well as pureeing the
squash while I basted and broiled the meat. What a life saver. We finally ate around 7:30PM (that is one thing about
cooking I dislike is timing everything) over at Moon F3. Turns out my meal and pie were a huge success… who knew?

*Please note this was my very first pie, ever! I think I will be making it again for Thanksgiving at my Grandma and Grandpa Bush's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

missed a photo?

followers