my life through a photo a day

7.14.2010

Last Twenty-One



Today I received my first Birthday Card of the season from my Grandma and Grandpa Bush. This card is super
intense: it's got ribbons and flowers and glitter and raised flower paper. Very intense. What's even more intensely
hilarious is what's written inside by my Grandpa:

Dear Brooke,

If I was a great big Indian Chief,
And you were my granddaughter,
Your name would not be Brooke,
It would be Princess Running Water.

For that's what a Brooke is, don't you see,
As it merrily rolls along.
It's tinkling, bubbling happy sound
Is almost like a song.

That's you - Love Gr & Gr Bush
(Chief Big Puddle and Squaw Lotta Lake)

So stinking hilarious, eh? I also adore his handwriting. So lucky to have hilarious grandparents in my life… eek it's
my Birthday Eve!


1 comment:

  1. OMG that is the best birthday note I have ever read! I wish I had cool grandparents.

    ReplyDelete

missed a photo?

followers