my life through a photo a day

12.07.2010

Shel Saved Me

Please read this poem before reading on. This day was incredibly hard: too many things went wrong and it felt like
not enough went right. All day I was about to be pushed over the edge; my emotions have been running even higher 
with the stress and the lack of sleep. All of that seemed minuscule compared to what I encountered late this evening. 
I have discovered that yes, with school work and projects and not getting dates and trying to get things right can be 
difficult, but all those things have to do with me. When am I leaving time for others; when am I making sure they have
someone to tell about their hard day? I may think I'm doing an okay job, considering, but everyone needs a wake up
call and mine came this evening. I've let some people slip through the cracks, and I feel terrible, just terrible. I can't 
blame it all on school or the chaos of life anymore. I must take responsibility to not be that spoiled brat that got boiled
in a vat that nobody ate. I want people to want to eat me… wait, that came out wrong. You get the picture (I'm punny).






No comments:

Post a Comment

missed a photo?

followers