my life through a photo a day

7.11.2010

Homesick, Me?



I don't usually get homesick, in fact, I only remember being homesick once in my whole life, very terrifying, but that's
another story. This morning I woke up around 2AM and just laid there in those comfy hotel beds for three hours. In
those three hours, all I could think about was how excited I was to get home and see all my friends and family. Not
that I don't love them, but any other trip I've been on, I've never felt homesick, not even at sleepovers when I was
little. So when we got to the state line, I was VERY excited, so excited I almost missed it. I loved all the places I've
been the passed ten days, and Sydney is the best road trip companion ever, but I never thought I would say it: I
missed Utah. I've been very focused on moving out of state the passed couple of years, but I think this trip
has taught me that I can't stay away for too long, and if I can, whatever state you are, you've got some competition

other highlights: seeing the salt flats for the first time (drove passed); getting giddy when we got off of I-80 and onto I-15 (civilization!);
coming home to my apartment and seeing my bed made (thanks Nikki); visiting with my old ward; eating smoked corn on the cob; getting
my computer back from Luke (it runs so nicely now, thanks again); getting plowed down by Nikki at ward prayer because she was so
excited to see me (yeah that's right all ya'll that glared at us… I was missed… eat it); helping out a fellow graphic designer; making,
baking and eating ghirardelli brownies with friends; finding out that Spain won the World Cup, even though I didn't watch it, I am happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

missed a photo?

followers