my life through a photo a day

7.03.2010

Clammed



Today was a day of firsts: first time clamming as well as eating my first calm. Now, if you all know me… which I hope
you would, you know that I absolutely cannot handle seafood. It's the issue that I can't eat something that looks the
same dead as it did alive. I mean really, think about it… lobster, crab, clams, oysters, etc. Clamming was very fun
though. You wear boots, get your gardening gear and just dig. It's like a play day at the beach, only you have a
purpose: dinner. I did try a clam, just one though. I'm not one to knock it before I try it. It tasted like very chewy fat. I
then went on to eat a hot dog for dinner… roasted over the fire? Oh dear me yes please.

other highlights: going into Port Townsend and googling at the shops; falling in love at a vinyl store and taking advice from a local;
having marionberry sherbet for the first time; getting some sad news from home and talking to the lovely Nikki; trying something new and
eating s'mores after a fishy dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

missed a photo?

followers